When we practice yoga, we focus on being present and feeling alive. It is important to live your yoga everyday, and do so in a place where you feel at peace. However, sometimes we need to leave the city of our comfort and see things from a new perspective. With summer just around the corner, we started a bucket list of the top 5 places we'd like to do yoga-- all while soaking up the sun.
Where would you like to take your practice this summer? Tell us in the comments below for a chance to win a new yoga mat!
5. Yoga in the park - Whether it's your favorite local spot, or you're traveling to a famous park out of state, roll out your mat on the green grass. We know the grass isn't always greener on the other side, but the sunshine and sounds of nature will allow you to appreciate your practice from a different light.
4. Yoga on the water - If you haven't already, you need to try yoga on a stand up paddle-board (SUP). Yoga on the water allows you to challenge your practice and sync your body to the rhythm of the ocean, lake or pool. We're not telling you it will be easy, but it will definitely be worth it.
3. Yoga in a meadow - Can you think of anything more serene than wide open spaces with minimal distractions? We love the idea of deepening our practice among summer's wild flowers-- all good things are wild and free, right?!
2. Yoga by the sea - We may be biased here in California, but who says you can't be a mermaid and a yoga warrior? Grab your favorite swim suit and hit the sea for some sandy yoga flows. Breathe in the salty air and embrace the messy beach hair-- after all, it is (almost) summer.
1. Yoga on a mountain - Talk about feeling on top of the world! Let your practice soar with the breathtaking views and larger-than-life, euphoric feeling. Pause after a challenging asana and remember, "it is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves."
Don't forget to tell us where you'd like to take your practice in the comments below for a chance to win a new yoga mat!