It's a new year, and time for a new challenge. Whether you are just starting your practice, or wanting to deepen it- we want this challenge to jump start that process for you in 2014. With that said, the #YogaHappy challenge is open to anyone and everyone seeking daily bliss.
This 21-day challenge includes everything from getting sweaty on the mat to finding yoga in unusual places in your daily routines. Each day we will post a new challenge that connects you to a different part of your practice. The #YogaHappy challenge will inspire mindfulness, presence and our connection to our happy place.
DAY TWENTY: Eat healthy, live happy. The weekend is our time to unwind and do the things that make us the happiest. Sometimes, it can be challenging to squeeze in a healthy, home-cooked meal when you're busy having fun. Today, we encourage you to try this healthy, vegan (and easy) recipe from our friends at Mind Body Green. This Vegan Rosemary Fennel Flat Bread and Garlic Oregano Hummus combo makes for a happy Saturday. Invite some friends over and share your yummy masterpiece. Eat, drink and be #YogaHappy.
Vegan Rosemary Fennel Flat Bread and Garlic Oregano Hummus
Two cans of chickpeas
2 cloves of garlic
1tsp of sea salt
2tbsp of oregano
1/4 cup of olive oil
a splash of lemon juice
1. Drain the water out of the peas and process all ingredients in an S-blade food processor until creamy.
2 Cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 Cup warm water
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbsp fennel
1 tbsp rosemary
1 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Lightly grease two large cookie sheets
3. Combine the dry ingredients
4. Stir in the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms
5. Divide the dough in half and flatten each half [flatten well] on a cookie sheet
6. Once the dough is spread thin, use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to perforate it
7. Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle the spices on top
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the crackers are golden and crispy
9. Allow them to cool, and then break them apart
TO ENTER: share a photo on Instagram (with #YogaHappy) of you participating in the challenge- whether it is a selfie of your practice, your blissed-out yoga hair, or a picture of what is inspiring you on that day.
LOG YOUR PRACTICE: take a picture every day of your challenge and submit it on Instagram. You can add a description or a new insight if you'd like. Remember: your participation is encouraging someone else to join in and get #YogaHappy. What can be better. You can join us in this challenge on any day!