With the Super Bowl behind us, and Valentine's Day approaching, we're looking for reasons to celebrate. Regardless of what you're celebrating-- life, love, or your favorite yoga retreat-- getting together with your favorite people is always a good idea.
If you're anything like us, hosting a party is a chance to show off your greatest Pinterest success stories (heart-shaped vegan donuts, anyone?). We used the Super Bowl as an excuse for a new DIY project we've been dying to try, fringe tassel garland. Join us for a DIY party;
What You Will Need
Sheets of tissue paper (any color you want)
Hot glue gun, sticks
1. Take your first sheet of tissue paper, and fold once lengthwise (hotdog-style)
2. Fold once widthwise, then one more time widthwise (hamburger-style)
3. Cut fringe strips, leaving about 2 inches of uncut tissue at the top
*The top should be the side with the folds
4. Unfold, and cut in half along the fold crease
5. Cut along the fold creases again
*You should have four separate sections
6. Plug in your hot glue gun
7. Take one section and roll
8. Then twist
9. Glue and secure the twist, creating a loop hole
10. Repeat until you have a desirable amount tassels
11. String your tassels on twine
*Note: you may want to glue your tassels in place on the twine
We love hues of pink, red and taupe for Valentine's Day garland.
Party on, party animals.