Every yogi needs a yummy treat every once in a while! These soft, sweet sugar cookies are super simple to make. Plus, this vegan cookie dough works well with any kind of cookie cutter, making these the perfect sugar cookies for any time of year! Our favorite cookie cutters to use are the adorable yoga pose cookie cutters from Yummi Yogi!
Here's how to make the perfect yogi-inspired vegan sugar cookies:
- 2 ¼ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoons Ground Chia or Ground Flax
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- ¾ Cup Vegan Butter
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-4 Teaspoons Plant-Based Milk or Water
- A Few Drops of Food Coloring (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flax or chia and the water, then set aside to thicken.
- In a third bowl, beat together the vegan butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients (including the flax or chia mixture) to the third bowl and mix well.
- Combine the wet mixture with the dry and mix until it forms a dough.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to about ¼ inch thick.
- Chill the rolled dough in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, use your cookie cutter(s) of choice to cut your cookie shapes
- Place the cookies onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes.
(Photo c/o Yummi Yogi)
To Make the Icing:
- Combine the powdered sugar, plant-based milk or water, and food coloring (if using) in a bowl.
*TIP* Slowly add the milk or water to the mixture until your desired texture is reached.
Let the cookies cool completely before decorating, and enjoy!
Shop Yummi Yogi cookies cutters here!