We've all been there-- traffic when you're already late, spilling your green smoothie on your white shirt, or forgetting your yoga mat at home on a day when you really need yoga. Unfortunately bad days happen, and they happen more often than we'd like. On the bright side, it's never too late to start the day over.
We love this quote by Victoria Erickson, "there are 1,000 simple ways to fill your tired soul so you can remember how to be, how to see, and most importantly, how to breathe." But, how? For starters, here are 20 simple ways to turn a bad day around in 30 minutes or less;
1. Fresh-cut flowers.
2. Sweat. Can you say, endorphins?
3. Look at old pictures. Whether it's of you and your better half, or that time you traveled half-way across the world, let the photos bring you back to that happy place.
4. Treat yourself. Sometimes, when we're feeling sour, all we need is something sweet. Plus, who doesn't love chocolate?
5. Pay it forward. Making someone else smile can be the best recipe to turn that frown upside down. Buy a stranger's coffee, leave a flower + note on a random car, hold the door open for someone at the store.
6. Stuck in traffic? Blast your favorite song and sing at the top of your lungs.
7. Pin a handful of really inspiring quotes that you see on Pinterest.
8. Light some candles and take a lavender bubble bath or an extra-long shower.
9. Make a list of all of the things that you are thankful for. Sometimes we forget that the good often times outweighs the bad.
10. Take a selfie. Remind yourself that you are beautiful and awesome.
11. Find a stretch of ocean, a field or a mountainside. Wherever you are, go outside and breathe in some fresh air.
12. Meditate. Even if you only have a couple of minutes, clear your mind.
13. Hug someone, hug anyone.
14. Order those leggings you've been eyeing from YogaOutlet.com, because online shopping gives you something to look forward to for the next 3-5 business days.
15. Tell someone you love them.
16. Turn off all of the lights and dance like no one is watching. Shake it off, literally.
17. Vent. Write it down, talk it out, let it go.
18. Cook your favorite meal, or go to your favorite restaurant for dinner.
19. Pamper yourself. Get a massage, try out a new shade of lipstick, get a pedicure-- whatever makes you feel good, do that.
20. And if all else fails, there's always yoga.